Saturday, May 02, 2015

Gay stalker won't leave me alone..wants my manhood picture-Yul Edochie

Last month, actor and son of Nollywood Veteran ,Pete Edochie called out a man on social media for stalking him with Gay requests.. In an exclusive chat with Saturday Beats, he narrated how the ordeal started
“This guy contacted me through Facebook and told me he was a homosexual. I told him that I was not gay and a few weeks later, I started getting calls from a Canadian number. When I first picked his call, he told me that his name is Stephen Ugochukwu and he was the one that reached me via Facebook. He told me that he had some friends in Nollywood that could get him any number he wanted.
“Shortly after, he started calling me very often to the extent that I started blocking all his lines but it only worked for a short while. He called with a strange number again and told me that he went on the internet to learn how to call somebody with any number he liked. I blocked about 20 of his numbers but he kept calling. He said that he just loved me and that he was a big fan. He said that he just wanted to be my friend and I said okay. I told him that I am not God and I don’t discriminate against people. I told him that it was his business if he was gay.”
Edochie said that shortly after, the young man said he would love to do something for the actor’s family, promising to get Canadian visas for him and his family.
“He said that he knows that I am not gay, promising not to tell me anything about it again and to show that he meant it, he swore with God’s name and even his parents’ name. He said that he resides in Canada and does travel documents for people who want to come over. I have phobia for flights so I don’t travel by air quite much. I told my wife about his offer of Canadian visas and she consented to it. She said that she had always wanted to do Canadian visa for our children, so she said I should give it a trial. As usual, when the guy called me, I told him I was not interested but that I would link him up with my wife. He once again swore with his life that he would not disturb me about being gay. I gave him my wife’s number and my PA’s number so they could keep in touch all through the visa acquisition period,” he said.
However, trouble started when the young man asked the actor to send him a picture of his manhood. The actor refused and his stalker did not take it lightly.
“After everything, he called me and said I should send him a picture of my manhood, saying that’s all he wanted. That was where all the trouble started. I told him that I could not do such and his calls tripled. I told him to leave me alone because God has blessed me to an extent where I can take my family anywhere they want to go. He started telling my wife that he was in love with me. At a point, he started calling my wife because he noticed that I was not picking his call and at that point, I had changed my phone number. When he noticed that I was not moved, he started disturbing my wife to persuade me to talk to him and stop snubbing him. He said that he did not create himself and it was God that created him that way. I noticed that whenever I talked to him, he would be calm but when I didn’t, he went mad.”
To avoid trouble, Edochie said that his wife advised him to pick Ugochukwu’s calls sometimes.
“That was how I was tolerating him for a while. He would call me, he would tell me that he knows I am not gay but he would want to see my ‘beef’. In order to make him stop disturbing my wife, I would tell him that he should not worry, I would send the picture to him the following week. He would thank me and would not disturb me and my family till the following week. Exactly a week after, once he calls and I don’t answer him, he would start disturbing my wife again. It is very crazy.
“When he found out that I was no more bothered about his calls, he went to attack me online. Whenever a fan tweets at me, he would get the person’s picture, photoshop it with some other nude people’s pictures and post it on the internet. After sometime, he did the same thing with my wife. He took her picture, photoshopped it with that of some naked men and women and posted it on the internet. When I picked his call and challenged him, he said that it was not his fault because I promised him I was going to show him my manhood but I did not show him again.
I told him to leave me alone and find someone in Canada because the country he is in supports such but he refused. He said that it must be me because he is in love with me. He would take my picture and write, “Yul please love me back, Stephen.” He sent me all sorts of rubbish. He started threatening me that he would dent my image. He took our documents that we sent to him and started posting some of my personal information online. I never believed that a human being could act in such a manner. He said that since I was proving stubborn, he would make sure he destroyed my name and ruin my popularity,” he said.
Edochie said that when he got fed up, he had to do something and that was why he began posting the young man’s picture online about three weeks ago to make sure people knew the face of the ‘trouble maker.’ He said shortly after he posted the man’s picture, his parents contacted him, begging him to please delete the pictures online.
“It was exactly the same thing he said he had done to some actors I cannot mention their names. Somebody he has done it to had to open a social media account, “steveugoisafakegayboy”, in order to fight him back. This thing he is doing to me, he has done it to several people. This same thing he said to me, he has said it to the others, so they posted the conversation on the page. I did not know that he had done it to other people till my case was getting out of hand and I began talking to people. It was then that I learnt that they know him very well. If it were just me, I would have left him. But because he got my family and fans involved, I had to do something.
Till now, he still disturbs me. I told his mother to warn him. Maybe his family knows about it because I thought all this would stop after talking to his mother. If I decide to go after the young man, he would go to jail because I have proof. At this stage in my life, why would I start looking for a man to sleep with, is that not madness?” Edochie queried.

APC leader slaps Enugu Guber Candidate over ministerial slot

A major crisis has hit APC in Enugu State after report emerged on Friday that the National Vice-Chairman, South-East, Emma Eneukwu, allegedly slapped the party’s governorship candidate, Okey Ezea, due to an argument over ministerial slot in the incoming Muhammadu Buhari administration.

The incident was said to have happened on Thursday during a meeting of South-East APC leaders at the Imo State Governor’s Lodge in Abuja.

It was gathered that the closed-door meeting was chaired by Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, and had Senator Chris Ngige, Senator Osita Izunaso, Gen. J. O. J. Okoloagu (retd.), and others in attendance.

Ezea leaked the development in a text message that was forwarded to journalists in Enugu on Friday.

Apparently, the meeting discussed the sharing of key appointments as Ezea, in the SMS, said Eneukwu slapped him because he (Ezea) told the South-East leaders that Nsukka zone, where he hailed from, should produce the minister.

He accused Eneukwu, who is from Udi, Enugu West Senatorial Zone, of wanting the ministerial slot for himself and trying to actualise the ambition through violence.

The text message read, “Emma Eneukwu slapped me today because I told South-East leaders that Nsukka has not been minister since 1999.

“He did this before Rochas, Ngige, Izunaso, J. O. J, Gen. Eze, Ucha, etc. “I just said the truth and requested justice and equity in the affairs of our party and Enugu State.

“Emma (Eneukwu) wants to be minister by violence. Emma is from Udi Local Government Area which has been producing minister since 2007, including the incumbent, Chinedu Nebo.”

When Punch contacted him afterwards, Ezea confirmed that the text message actually emanated from him.

But Eneukwu denied slapping Ezea, adding that such incident never happened. He said, “I am surprised about that, nothing like that happened, I am very surprised. That story is alien to me; I don’t know anything about it.

“Maybe it is a calculated attempt to mar my image. I didn’t attack anybody, I am not a thug. I don’t fight.”

Asked what transpired at the said meeting, he said, “We went to see Buhari, that was all I knew. “Nobody was talking about appointment.

“We will not be talking about appointment when the party has not decided on the positions that should come to the zone. We have not known the positions allocated to the zone.”

But sources say the alleged incident has thrown the Enugu State chapter of the party into confusion

Nigerian Man brutally murdered over a girl in Italy(Graphic photo)

In a gruesome case of cold blooded murder, a Nigerian ,Terry Agaga, was brutally murdered in Padova, Italy. According to Italian media, the 34 year old was killed over a woman in a black club ‘Le Parisien’ popularly called ‘Port Harcourt club’ by Nigerians.

According to eye witness, Terry, who got his Italian residence permit of stay in Sept 2014, got killed because of an argument over a girl.He was said to have fallen inlove with a girl whose previous boyfriend is a cultist.The ex-boyfriend was enraged for losing his girl to Terry .

When the scorned boyfriend met Terry at a club, they were involved in a physical fight and he ended up being stabbed to death with a machete. The Italian police are still investigating the killing of Terry and three Nigerians have been arrested so far.

Very very graphic photo here  

Friday, May 01, 2015

Jonathan's victory would have pleased me greatly- Ifeanyi Ubah

 Yesterday, there were reports that President Jonathan's major fianancier and Chief Executive officer of Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria, Ifeanyi Ubah burst into tears at the presidential villa.They says this happened during president Jonathan's speech to the members of the Presidential Campaign Organization In excerpts from a new interview with Vanguard ,he talks about the defeat ..

Having spent so much on TAN, do you have regrets that Jonathan didn’t win?
Yes and no. You don’t invest and wish that the investment would go the way this one went. The election has come and gone, I would not like to open the old wounds especially when the main actor in the whole episode has conceded defeat. We have to move ahead at this juncture. We must unite to move Nigeria forward. Jonathan has conceded defeat to General Buhari.
 There are insinuations that TAN was funded with government money, others say that you funded TAN with your money. What is the true position?

TAN was not funded with government money. TAN is a Non Governmental Organization (NGO). We have a lot of friends that have been supporting us. Political campaigns cost so much money, so it is natural to expect that we spent good money on our media and grassroots campaign. We are glad that our members and supporters were very supportive in contributing towards these campaigns. I believe that Jonathan is a good man, who meant well for this country, and I supported him. One thing that attracted me so much to Jonathan is the love and passion he has for Nigeria. His humility in conceding defeat shows the extent of his great love and belief in our nationhood. His statesmanship saved our nation from the likelihood of post-election turmoil.
If you are in a boxing ring, and your coach throws in the towel, that is the end of the game. I have chosen to respect his position and indeed that of Nigerians, even though it would have pleased me greatly to see Jonathan win.
 What kind of relationship do you envisage between Buhari and Nigerians?
The first publication I made after his victory was to congratulate him. We prayed to God to give him the wisdom, good health to rule Nigeria. If I get to understand General Buhari better than I understand him now, I will be closer to him. If he needs me, I will be there for him. He will be our President. I have always had respect for him. I wish him well. I have an open mind and my doors are always open.
 Many are of the view that the Igbo put all their eggs in one basket by solely supporting President Goodluck Jonathan and that life in the opposition may not augur well for them What is your take on this?

It was expected that the Igbo will vote for Jonathan. The Igbo had quite a number of opportunities in his administration.

Even though Jonathan did a lot for the Igbo most of the things he did were for the North. The Kashbila Dam is the biggest project handled by Jonathan’s administration and it
was cited in the North. The Abuja and Kaduna railways are also in the North.
Irrespective of that, the Igbo are still appreciative of the things he did for us. Be that as it may, my position is that General Buhari should consider the Igbo and make them his friends and if possible do more than Jonathan did for us.

How Police Corporal Killed Inspector, Girl-friend, Self Over Love

file photo
An argument between a police corporal and his senior colleague, an inspector, over who actually owns a pretty female recharge card seller, ended in tragedy when the corporal corked his riffle, killed the card seller and the inspector, before killing himself.
The incident occurred yesterday evening in the Karu Town, near the CBN Junction, when the corporal, who claimed he was interested in the recharge card seller, simply known as Chidinma, saw the inspector and the recharge seller sitting together over some bottles of soft drinks.

According to an eye witness, the corporal alighted from a vehicle and accosted the inspector and the recharge card seller. While he accused the inspector of encroaching into his territory, he accused the lady of unfaithfulness, saying he had invested in the girl.

 The inspector ,who regarded the corporal’s allegation as an affront, ordered him to leave the place immediately or get himself dealt with. The corporal was said to have been enraged and threatened that he was going to kill the recharge card seller so that none of them would have her.

The inspector did not take the threat lightly and warned the corporal not to do any thin stupid or he would have himself to blame. The corporal, still fuming with rage walked away from the inspector and the recharge card seller. Unknown to the inspector, the corporal corked his AK-47 rifle, walked to the duo lovebirds and killed the girl with one shot.

Before the inspector could cork his own riffle, the corporal also shot and killed him instantly. Looking bemused, the corporal aimed the riffle at his own head and killed himself with one bullet.
Pandemonium was said to have broken out in the town as residents and passers-by thronged the place to take a glimpse of the three slain persons lying in a pool of their blood. A team of police personnel later came and evacuated the bodies of the slain.
The recharge card seller was identified as a poor homeless girl who was taking refuge in a popular church in Karu Town before the incident.

Culled from Leadership 

Epic! Watch Boko Haram members flee Sambisa Forest as Nigerian troops arrive

Aerial shots show Boko Haram members fleeing Sambisa Forest as Nigerian troops stormed the forest to rescue kidnapped men and women and destroy their camps. The video is epic. Watch after the cut...

Start from the 2.08 mark

Pharmacist who allegedly committed suicide. Wife's family release press statement

The family members of Busayo Olafare nee Taiwo (the wife of late Paul Olafare), the award winning pharmacist who allegedly committed suicide (read here) have released a press statement on the issue. Recall that Paul's family is alleging that his wife knows more about his death than she's letting on. Read Busayo's family's press statement below...
This is a press statement issued by the family of Mrs Busayo Olafare nee Taiwo, (whom we will from now on refer to as Busayo), on the unfortunate suicide of her husband, Oluwaseun Paul Olafare, (whom we will from now on refer to as Seun), on Sunday, 12th of April, 2015.

               I.            We kept quiet out of respect for the memory of the deceased.
            II.            We kept quiet out of shock.
         III.            We kept quiet out of consideration for the feelings of our daughter whose grief was compounded by the fact that she was taken into custody by the Police.
         IV.            We kept quiet out of the belief that the marriage produced two children (out of three confinements) who are still infants, and who deserve a better memory of a father they will grow up without knowing.
            V.            We also kept quiet out of the belief that we should not issue any statements in order not to prejudice Police investigations into the matter in any way.

Busayo is the first child of the family, she is thirty-one years old, has three siblings - an immediate younger brother and a pair of twins one male and the other female. She is a double graduate of Accountancy of the Yaba College of Technology and the University of Lagos. She holds a Higher National Diploma and Bachelors Degree respectively of the two top higher institutions in Lagos. She works in one of the top financial institutions in Lagos. Raised in a solid Christian home, her passion for God is not in question, and as said earlier, she has two children, who are infants, a male and female, with her late husband.

On getting to the late Seun and Busayo’s residence, we asked if his family had been informed, and the neighbours confirmed that Seun’s family had been informed of his death. Specifically, we were told that his father had been informed but that he said he did not believe them, and that they couldn’t be talking about his son. Right there in our presence, his father was called again severally without any positive response from him. Whilst we appreciate that shock could have made him act strangely - he was obviously in a state of denial - it is certainly not true that he was not informed of Seun’s death! He was informed immediately it happened!

The neighbours who helped to rush him to the hospital were the ones who took his body from the hospital where he died to the mortuary at Gbagada General Hospital, which was the sensible thing to do. It is a fact that he did not die in the house; that was why he was rushed to the hospital in the first place. The neighbours were with the corpse in the mortuary premises all this while; the body was in the vehicle that took it there and had not yet been deposited in the morgue.
Back in the house, Busayo and members of our family waited for Seun’s family who did not show up, to the extent that the neighbours who were with his body started fretting and calling for members of the family to come to the mortuary to take possession of his body. Their landlord came back from the mortuary, and being an old man needed to rest and take his drugs, he did all this in the house, and still held on to the death certificate without which the body cannot be accepted in the mortuary. We waited and waited but no one from his family showed up. As time wore on, ambient temperature was rising and everyone started worrying that the body by now ought to have been deposited in the morgue, still not one of his family members had shown up.
Finally, we all moved to the mortuary where we were told that there was no longer space for the body. Their neighbours naturally were no longer prepared to go further and insisted that the body be transferred to another vehicle. One of Seun’s friends offered his car and we all made our way to the Mainland Hospital Yaba. Even here we waited for members of his family to show up. The body was not brought down from the car though we were not comfortable with the rising temperature. Finally, we heard that members of his family were on the way, and when they arrived, they saw the body which was still in the car that took it to the mortuary. After the protocols for admitting the body was completed, one of Seun’s siblings, Babalola, signed the papers to admit his corpse to the morgue. Seun’s father and a host of his family members and friends were present in or around the morgue!

Nothing could be more ridiculous than suggesting that she tried to run away! After leaving the mortuary, knowing that suicide is reportable, she was accompanied by her uncle, siblings and other members of her family to voluntarily report the incident at the Oworonsoki Police Station. We made it clear to the Police that we were taking her to our family house, the address and phone numbers were supplied.
It was AFTER reporting at the Police Station that we went back to the house to pick her clothes and some of the things needed by her infant children. This is because she and her children had nothing else except what they were wearing. Being bereaved in such a sudden and tragic manner, it was inconceivable to leave her alone in their rented apartment, with two infants, (one barely a year old and the other just over two years old). Considering the emotional trauma she was going through, it was more convenient to take her away to her family house. Objective members of the public should ask themselves whether it would make sense to leave her alone in her state of mind.
As we write, Busayo is in her third week in Police custody instead of mourning her husband; her two infant children who have lost their father are now being denied of motherly comfort and love.
Where would Busayo have run to? She has a career job and two infant children. Her maternal and paternal family houses are both located in Somolu, and it was one of these addresses that was given to the Police at Oworonsoki. Suggesting that she would run away is suggesting that her whole family, her uncles and aunts and their families who live in that house would run away.
1.         The family stands by Busayo’s story and we have no reasons whatsoever to doubt her.
2.         Busayo did not attempt to escape and will not under any circumstances do so as there is no reason to do so.
3.         We are waiting for the Police to conclude their investigations as quickly as possible.
4.         We will take any and all steps necessary to protect her rights and interests, and those of her infant children.
5.         We thank everyone who has stood by us and Busayo all this while and we know that by the Grace of God, this storm will blow over. This is a dark period in our daughter’s life; we know it will be morning yet.
6.         We pray for the repose of Seun’s soul and plead with almighty God to forgive him his sins and grant him eternal grace.
7.         It is well with his soul, it is well with us all!

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       The Taiwo Family
                                                                           0803 859 7944 and
                                                                           0809 859 7944

Beyonce’s mum's new husband makes her convert her religion?

Sources claim Beyonce's mum Tina Knowles' new husband Richard Lawson has made her dump Christianity and is now attending Scientology meetings with him...

From The National Enquirer
Scientology has married into the family of superstars Beyonce and Jay Z and their friends are afraid the mega-couple could end up as the next Tom Cruise and John Travolta. The National Enquirer has learned that pals are “freaking out” over the church finally getting a foothold into the showbiz couple’s powerful empire, after actor Richard Lawson married Beyoncé’s mom, Tina Knowles, on April 12 aboard a yacht in California.
Richard is also dad to actress Bianca Lawson of “Pretty Little Liars,” whose own studies with the church include a “Purification Rundown.”
While Beyoncé and her family are devoted Christians, 61-year-old Tina and her new husband have attended a string of Scientology events – with Tina reportedly starting to show interest in the program!

Man commits suicide inside uncompleted building in Ogun state

An unidentified man was found dead in an uncompleted building located in Sefu Elelede street in the Ibafo area of Ogun State. He is suspected to have committed suicide.

According to Punch, the young man was found dead in the living room section of the building by an electrician who had come to carry out some work in the building. The electrician immediately raised an alarm and contacted the woman who owned the building. The landlady immediately contacted the Ibafo Police Division who drafted a team of police men and a medical doctor to the scene.

Narrating what happened, the landlady said;
"On Wednesday, I called John to inspect my structure and give me the estimate on electrification work of the house. I gave him the key to the compound. The building is fenced and it is a storey building. To my surprise, he ran back after some minutes, gasping for breath. He told me that a young man had hanged himself inside the uncompleted house. We both went there together and found the man. Then, I went to the police to make a report and they also visited the place. I have never seen such a horrible thing in my life."
Meanwhile the corpse of the deceased has been deposited in the mortuary.

I will remain in PDP - Femi Fani-Kayode

Chief Femi Fani-Kayode says he will remain in the PDP despite the party's loss at the just concluded presidential election. Fani-Kayode, who served as the spokesperson for the PDP Presidential campaign organization said he won't run away from Nigeria & that he and some other party members will stay to form a viable opposition party. He said this at the handover of the presidential campaign report in Abuja today April 30th.
"I have been in the PDP since 2003. I went to APC for 9 months. I have enunciated the reasons for that. I feel I was absolutely right to do that at that point in time. I retraced my steps when it was very clear to me that what was on the other side was far worse than what was on our side. We made our point. The necessary concession was made. There was far more South western participation. It was a much more fairer fight against Boko Haram and that is why we came back and I came back and I played a leading role in this campaign. We are not going anywhere. I can speak for myself and I can speak for may others. We are here to stay. We will provide a viral opposition to the APC . We will do all that needs to be done to ensure the incoming government remains on its toes and we will all do this in a peaceful and honorable way. Nobody is going anywhere as far as I am concerned. We are here to stay and neither are we running away. There is nothing to be scared of" he said.  

Nigerian nurse charged with murder in scalding death of 23month-old in New York

According to a report by Mail Online, 54 year old nurse practitioner Oluyemisi Adebayo (pictured left) has been arrested and charged in the killing of a disabled toddler who was submerged in scalding bath water for about 30 second. Adebayo was arrested on Wednesday April 28th in Queens, New York just as she was about to board a flight to Nigeria, Queens District Attorney Richard Brown said.

Authorities say Adebayo was taking care of 23-month-old Naomi Mondesire on April 21 when she prepared her for a bath.

The nurse allegedly told detectives she tested the water with her own hand before placing Naomi in the tub. But she noticed pieces of skin peeling off Naomi's legs when she took her out.

Doctors told police Adebayo's account of how the baby was burned was inconsistent with the nature of her injuries, according to a criminal complaint.
Police say Naomi was submerged up to her waist in 130-degree water for 30 seconds. The little girl died from thermal injuries to 50 per cent of her body Monday, three days after doctors at Nassau University Medical Center performed surgery on her.

Naomi's grandmother was heartbroken and furious at the woman she had hired to look after the little girl just one day before she was scalded.

Gardite Mondesire, 54, said she returned to her apartment on Memphis Avenue in the Rosedale section of Queens at around 7.25pm Tuesday to find her tenant running around the home picking up pieces of her granddaughter's skin.
When she got Adebayo on the phone, the nurse allegedly claimed she didn't know how Naomi got scalded.

'She said "It’s bad. I did something bad. The baby got burned,”' Mondesire told the New York Daily News. 'But she said she didn’t know how.'
Corey Brock, Naomi's father, challenged Adebayo's claims that she had tested the water before placing his daughter in the tub.

Gardite Mondesire, Naomi's grandmother, pictured left

Naomi's mother, 32-year-old Cynthia Mondesire
She claimed it was a mistake. She claimed she checked the water. It’s impossible,’ Brock told CBS News. ‘If she had checked the water, she would have been burnt also.’

Brock also pointed out that had the nurse been innocent, she would not have tried to flee the country Wednesday night.

The 54-year-old was detained at John F. Kennedy International Airport at around 7am while trying to board a flight to Nigeria via London.

Adebayo, who according to her LinkedIn page has been a licensed nurse practitioner for more than 16 years, could face up to 25 years to life in convicted.
‘The defendant had been trained to heal and save lives – which she is accused of failing to fulfill,’ DA Brown said in a press release. ‘The tiny victim suffered extraordinarily painful injuries for several days before she died. This is a terribly sad and tragic case that could have been prevented.’

Naomi's mother, 32-year-old Cynthia Mondesire, said she had had two miscarriages before giving birth to Naomi - her only surviving child.

Naomi was born 25 weeks premature, requiring her to breathe through a tracheotomy and eat using a feeding tube.

‘With everything that she’s gone through, she was a fighter,’ Ms Mondesire told the News. ‘She was just starting to thrive.’Before Naomi passed away Monday, her grandmother said she told the dying girl she was sorry and the child squeezed her finger in response. She will be laid to rest Saturday.

See The Ladies and Children Rescued From Boko Haram

The terrorist sect, Boko Haram, has made life a bitter experience for some of our brothers and sisters. Just imagine what they did to ladies and children rescued by Nigerian troops from Sambisa Forest...

Life shouldn't be this cruel. How sad!

I became blind after drinking ogogoro- Ode-Irele suvivor

One of the survivors of the Ode-Irele methanol poisoning, Mr. Olorunwa Jero, yesterday, recounted his ordeal in the throes of death.Jero, a father of six, who is a vulcaniser, narrated:
“By the time I was brought here, I had gone blind. I could not identify my wife, I could not identify anything. I did not even know when I arrived here.“But I thank God and the management and staff of University College Hospital, UCH, for bailing me out. I can see all of you here clearly. I can even identify the clothes each one of you is putting on.”
The victims were said to have taken the methanol while consuming a local gin.
Confirming that the toxin was detected in the blood and urine of the victims, Professor Temitope Alonge, Chief Medical Director, UCH, said the five victims were transferred to the teaching hospital on April 18 adding that they had regained their lost sight as a result of taking the chemical.

Alonge, who said this while speaking with newsmen in Ibadan, warned people to be wary of taking local gin so as to avoid similar unpleasant experience.

Mother tortures,abandons son at filling station(photo)

A nine-year-old boy, identified only as Kingsley, was on Thursday abandoned at a filling station at Adetola bus stop on Ijaiye Road, Agbado, Lagos State, by his mother.

It was learnt that the mother, Blessing, allegedly tortured him for greeting a neighbour.

She was said to have brought the boy from Ojuelegba, where they live and dumped him at the station around 7am.

Punch Metro gathered that Blessing left the area after telling the child that she wanted to buy some items at a nearby shop.

Some Good Samaritans, however, later bought food for the kid before he was taken to the Ijaiye Police Station around 11am.Kinglsey’s body was full of scars for which he held his mother responsible.

“Mummy beat me because I greeted our neighbour. She and the neighbour are quarrelling and she warned me not to greet her. She beat me with a stick when she saw me with the woman,” Kingsley said.
 The primary two pupil said he had been a victim of malnutrition and abuse since his parents divorced each other.

“My mother and I moved to Lagos from Calabar (Cross River State) after she divorced my daddy.“I live in Ojuelegba with her and my stepfather, Jonathan. She beats me every day.
“She will give me lashes for not waking up early to do domestic chores. At times, she won’t give me food to punish me.”
 An employee of the filling station, who gave his name only as Deji, lamented Kingsley’s situation. He said the mother would be attacked by an angry mob if she came back.

“I don’t know what the world is turning to. When some families are still praying to have children, a mother is maltreating her own to the point of dumping him. What could he have done to warrant being treated in such a heartless manner?
“This place was crowded in the morning and we did not know when she dumped him. He was sitting in a tricycle when I approached him. Some angry youths just left here. They would have given his mother the beating of her life if she had come back.” 
 A Good Samaritan, who did not want his name in print, said he saw the boy sitting helplessly in a corner in the filling station.He added that the boy was so hungry that he gulped the food and drink that were bought for him.

He said, “I was coming back from the office and popped over to buy petrol.
“I saw the boy sitting in a corner. There was blood in his head and hands. We decided to buy him rice and a drink. He was taken to the Ijaiye Police Station and they promised to take him to hospital to treat his injuries.”
 The Supervisor of the filling station, Adeola Olufunwa, said she was nearly detained at the station on the matter.

She said, “I was the one who noticed the boy’s presence around us and I alerted my colleagues.
“But funny enough, the police wanted to detain me for a case I knew nothing about.”

Thursday, April 30, 2015

PDP will bounce back in 2019-President Jonathan

President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan declared Thursday in Abuja that if members of the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) remain committed to the vision of its founding fathers and work very hard, the party will return to power at the Federal level in 2019.

Speaking after receiving the report of the PDP Presidential Campaign Organization at the Presidential Villa, President Jonathan said that the party already had all that it will require to win the 2019 elections, but needed to return to the drawing board to re-strategize for the future.
“Whatever happened was like a slip. You don’t need to travel to America to know how power moves from the Republicans to the Democrats and from the Democrats to the Republicans.You can even go to Ghana that is very close to us. The present administration lost some years back and of course they came back, and won the elections.
So the problem is not whether we lost or won elections, which is already history, but how we can reconsolidate our party.If we are committed and we work hard, definitely the PDP will spring back,” President Jonathan told members of the party’s Presidential Campaign Organisation.
Noting that the outcome of future elections will be determined by the party’s preparedness, President Jonathan urged members of the PDP to be more united and remain loyal to the party.

“We must continue to be united as a party. And continue to work hard so that as we move towards subsequent elections in 2019 and 2023, PDP will come out stronger.

“Let’s not judge PDP by the results of the presidential elections, because in some of the states where we saw the PDP score so low, it was probably due to problems within the PDP.

“The party will come back stronger. PDP is still the most organized party. PDP is still the party that nobody owns. PDP is still the party that whoever you are, you can get to any level that you aspire to through competence. I encourage members of our party to remain faithful and not be disillusioned,’’ the President said.
In his remarks at the occasion, the Director General of the PDP Presidential Campaign Organisation, Sen. Ahmadu Ali, commended President Jonathan for putting the nation before his personal ambition.
“Our great party will emerge from this debacle stronger, wiser and prouder. Even in defeat, we are able to impart some valuable lessons to the Nigerian electorate.

“This is the first time in the history of this country that a sitting Government has handed over power peacefully to an opposition party after an election. We are proud of you,’’ he told President Jonathan.
Reuben Abati
Special Adviser to the President
(Media and Publicity)
April 30, 2015
Powered by Blogger.

Follow Us By Email